1. Hydrolyzed Collagen provides your body with proline and glycine, two important amino acids for cartilage producing cells (chondrocytes) and bone forming cells (osteoblasts) for making structural proteins. A lack or excess of physical activity, injury, age, or low availability of nutrients can negatively influence these functions. Gelatin has been shown to be supportive for joints health through several studies (1, 2, 3, 4), preventive for athletic injuries (5) and safe nutrient even for long use.
2. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is organosulfur compound that occurs naturally in some primitive plants and is present in small amounts in many foods and beverages. Recently, MSM is shown to have some beneficial effects for milld-moderate joints pain both on animal and human models (6, 7).
3. Glucosamine Hydrochloride is a precursor for glycosaminoglycans which a major component of joint cartilage.Recent study of 318 people has proven glucosamine sulfate effectiveness in relieving joints pain (8).
4. Chondroitin Sulfate – is a sulfated glycosaminoglycan. It is an important structural component of cartilage, providing it with much of its resistance to compression that can be beneficial for intensely exercising athletes (9). Studies have shown that chondroitin sulfate is very well tolerated supportive element for healthy joints (10), improving their mobility and removing pain symptoms (11).
5. Boswellic Acid contains Boswellia herb extract that has been used in traditional herbal medicine in India and African countries for the treatment of a variety of diseases. In terms of joint health this herb extract is recommended in people of joint problems of the knee with possible therapeutic use in other joints (12, 13).
6. Turmeric Rhizome Extract Curcumin is a unique highly soluble derivative from Curcuma Longa. It provides dual effect both supportive and anti-inflammatory for joint health (14). Recent studies also show that curcumin along with beneficial joint effect can provide antioxidant effects for your intense trained muscles (15).
7. Bromelain is an important agent for recovery after sport injuries and support bone health. It effectively removes pain (16), reduces inflammation (17) and brings your joints to normal condition (18).
8. Vitamin C Lower intakes of fruit and vegetables, and vitamin C were associated with an increased risk of developing joints problems (19). We use Calcium Ascorbate this form is not acidic and will not contribute to excess stomach acidity or irritation in sensitive persons. Calcium Ascorbate is synthesized from a combination of Ascorbic Acid and Calcium Carbonate to form Calcium Ascorbate.
9. Manganese is a known element for bone formation and stability (20).
10. Calcium – extra building blocks for your healthy joints.
Adam M. What effects do gelatin preparations have? Therapy of osteoarthritis. Therapiewoche. 1991; 41:2456-2461.
Moskowitz RW. Role of collagen hydrolysate in bone and joint disease. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2000; 30:87-99.
Zuckley et al. Collagen hydrolysate improves joint function in adults with mild symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee [abstract]. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; 36(suppl):S153.
Carpenter MR et al. Collagen hydrolysate supplementation improve symptoms in patients with severe osteoarthritis [abstract]. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005; 37(suppl):S91-S92.
Fernández JL, Pérez OM. Effects of gelatine hydrolysates in the prevention of athletic injuries. Archivos deMedicinadel Deporte. 1998; 15:277-282.
Usha PR, Naidu MUR. Randomised, double-blind, parallel, placebo-controlled study of oral glucosamine, methylsulfonylmethane and their combination in osteoarthritis.Clin Drug Invest 2004; 24(6):353–63.
Kim LS et al. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trial. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006 Mar; 14(3):286-94.
Herrero-Beaumont G et al. Glucosamine sulfate in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis symptoms: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study using acetaminophen as a side comparator. Arthritis Rheum. 2007 Feb; 56(2):555-67.
Baeurle SA, Kiselev MG, Makarova ES, Nogovitsin EA. Effect of the counterion behavior on the frictional–compressive properties of chondroitin sulfate solutions. Polymer. 2009; 50: 1805–1813.
Bourgeois P et al. Efficacy and tolerability of chondroitin sulfate 1200 mg/day vs chondroitin sulfate 3 x 400 mg/day vs placebo. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 1998 May; 6 Suppl A: 25-30.
Bucsi L, Poór G. Efficacy and tolerability of oral chondroitin sulfate as a symptomatic slow-acting drug for osteoarthritis (SYSADOA) in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 1998 May; 6 Suppl A: 31-6.
Kimmatkar N et al. Efficacy and tolerability of Boswellia serrata extract in treatment of osteoarthritis of knee–a randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. Phytomedicine. 2003 Jan; 10(1):3-7.
Freeland-Graves JH. Manganese: an essential nutrient for humans. Nutr Today 1989; 23:13-9.
EXOTIC ORANGE: Carrageenan, Stevia Leaf Extract, Monk Fruit Extract, Beta Carotene (natural color), Natural flavor.
EXOTIC FRUIT PUNCH: Carrageenan, Stevia Leaf Extract, Monk Fruit Extract, Beet root red (natural color), Natural flavor.
EXOTIC RASPBERRY: Carrageenan, Stevia Leaf Extract, Monk Fruit Extract, Beet root red (natural color), Natural flavor.
RECOMMENDED USE OR PURPOSE: Helps to maintain healthy bone and cartilage. Helps to maintain joint health. Helps to relieve joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
RECOMMENDED DOSE (ADULTS / 19 YEARS OR OLDER): Take 1 scoop daily. Directions for use: Mix with 250 mL water or your favourite beverage. Take with food. Avoid taking at bedtime.
DURATION OF USE: Use for a minimum of 1 month to see beneficial effects and consult a health care practitioner for long term consumption.
WARNINGS: Not intended for children. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. If symptoms worsen, consult a health care practitioner. If you have a gastrointestinal lesion/ ulcer, are taking an anticoagulant/ blood thinner, anti-inflammatory or antibiotic, or are having surgery, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have gallstones or a bile duct obstruction. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have stomach ulcers or excess stomach acid. Some people may experience mild gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea and vomiting; in which case, discontinue use. Hypersensitivity/allergy has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use. Do not use if security seal is broken. Keep in the airtight container, protected from light in a cool and dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
ALLERGEN INFORMATION: CONTAINS SHELLFISH (CRAB, SHRIMP, KRILL, PRAWN) DERIVATIVE.
Exotic Orange: 666720004898
Exotic Fruit Punch: 666720004904
Exotic Raspberries: 666720004911
Information from: FLEX0330 FLEX 4 JOINTS FLAVORS CAN NPN80052231 Ve15JL